Defend Your Body
AN ESSENTIAL IN ANY PREPAREDNESS PLAN FOR NUCLEAR EVENTS.
Potassium Iodide (KI) is a thyroid blocker. During a radiation emergency, radioactive iodine may be released into the environment and enter the body through breathing or eating. Radioactive Iodine (I-131) can destroy the thyroids of humans and animals. Even small amounts of I-131 can cause cancer of the thyroid. By taking KI, the thyroid becomes saturated with "good iodine."
How KI Protects the Thyroid
KI and radioactive iodine are both types of iodine. According to the CDC, they are both absorbed by the thyroid. For KI to work, a person must take it before or shortly after exposure to radioactive iodine. When a person takes the right amount of KI at the right time, it can help block the thyroid from absorbing radioactive iodine. This happens because the thyroid has already absorbed the KI, and there is no room to absorb the radioactive iodine.
Take these 130mg tablets only as directed by authorities or your medical professional. Each factory-sealed bottle has 60 tablets.
· Adults (including those breastfeeding): take 130 mg
· Newborns from birth to 1 month (nursing & non-nursing): take 16 mg (1/8 of a 130 mg tablet or 1/8 mL of solution)
· Infants and children 1 month to 3 years (nursing & non-nursing): take 32 mg (1/4 of a 130 mg tablet or 1/4 mL of solution)
· Children 3 to 18: take 65 mg
· Children 150 pounds or more: take full adult dose (130 mg)
· Each pill is "X" scored for easy splitting
Tablets may be crushed and mixed with juice or milk. Animals or pets can take Potassium Iodide too.
Potassium Iodide (130 mg), Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Corscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid.
Made in the USA.
WARNING: Consult your physician before taking Potassium Iodide if you have iodine allergies, dermatitis herpetiformis (DH), vasculitis, thyroid disease, or heart disease.
10 year shelf life. Store in a cool, dark and dry location for extended shelf life. Keep out of reach of children.
Plastic Recycling Code: Plastic #2: HDPE
Weight of this product is 0.26 pounds